Sunday, May 21, 2017

Friday Shenanigans

After work on Friday, I zipped into CVS to pick up a prescription.  I was on the phone with my long-lost distance brother, so I didn't want to cut the conversation short.  We don't talk that much because I'm a horrible sister and not really a phone person.  Anywho, I did what any normal person trying to refrain from eating added sugar does when on the phone in a drug store:  I perused the candy aisle.

I came across these new caramel M&M's and my curiosity was peaked (lover of caramel AND chocolate here).  I decided that I wasn't going to go down that road, and then at one point happened to mention to mi hombre the treasure I had found to which he replied:  "No way! I'm eating those right now! They're SOOOO GOOOOD!" He's pretty enthusiastic about sugar as you can see.

Now what I didn't mention is that the only size bag they had was a decently large one labeled Sharing Size.  Psssh!  Sharing for maybe my big intestine and small intestine.  I scoured the store while we were still chatting away and couldn't find any other size bag.  Eventually I decided to be a good girl and after I got my prescription, I bee-lined it out of there sans caramel&chocolate goodness.

Fast forward about 3.5 hours to about 9:45 p.m.

After mentioning the newfound treasure to Nathan maaayyybbbeee more than once, he decided that we should go get some. So I made myself decent for a public outing aka put on a bra and slipped on some sandals and off we went to the corner gas station to get a small, normal-sized bag of them.

And they didn't have them.

So we zippadeedooda-ed across the street from the gas station to Walgreens.

And they didn't have them.

So then we made the trek in the opposite direction to the CVS where we knew they'd have them in the amazing Sharing Size and all was right in the world again.  But then...when we got to the counter, the angel-from-above CVS rep said "You know these are buy one get on free, right?"

And my face lit up and I almost kissed that man right on the lips.

So that my friends is how this wild and crazy couple spent their Friday night. Go ahead and be jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment