Sunday, June 3, 2018

Updates at The Doge

What's new, pussycat?  We'll let's see....

This week wasn't too bad.  I feared a really hectic, really long week even though it was only four days, but it surprised me by only feeling like the four score and seven years ago one that it was!  We call that a win-win-win.


I feared the really hectic part because a lady at work who I had trained with for all of about seven minutes decided to up and jump ship.  She apparently notified the higher ups a few months ago that she was planning on retiring later this year, but no sooner than late August at the earliest.  I trained with her for a few minutes last week over a few days (but honestly it probably totaled no more than an hour) and she mentioned on a few occasions "I know it seems like a lot, but honestly, you'll get used to it as we train together over the next few months."

Surprise on Wednesday for all parties involved when she called me to see if I could come train with her for a few minutes because "I just submitted my resignation...effective immediately, so today's my last day."  My first reaction was "Who the $%^& pissed SueEllen* off?" 

Needless to say, we didn't even get to enjoy a farewell piece of cake.

Source
It's not a new job position for me, just quite a few more responsibilities to add to my current full list of responsibilities. ;)  But you know what they say, dress for the job you want, not the job you have you work your butt off for the job you want and hope that you don't remain forever in the job you have.

It's all good in the hood though.  Baby, we're in The Big Easy.  If something stresses you out, grab a mimosa at breakfast, followed by a Bloody Mary at lunch, and top it off with a few margaritas before bed.


In other news on the work front, I'm actually a nerd and am counting down to a work trip I'm taking next week.  So five work days this week, followed by three days of training in beautiful South Carolina, followed by just a measly two workdays before another weekend.  Ay bay bay!

I've never had to travel for work, so I'm a wee bit excited even though the days will hold morning to evening training all the day long.  I'm put up in a nice hotel (so I hear) and I'll get per diem (which is a concept I never truly understood until running multiple copies of truck driver's check stubs while working at The Firm...and I loathed it), so some good's gotta come out of this, right?? Another co-worker did warn me to prepare for flight delays and whatnot because nothing ever runs smoothly when The Doge is in control of your travel, but we'll just keep our fingers and toes and eyes crossed.

Time to put down the ole lappity toppity too to dive back into Mrs. Moriarty's latest gem, which will complete my list of sauntering through all of her fun-reads.  Let's hope she's hard at work, typing away on her lappity toppity too as we speak.

*name changed to protect the retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment