Sunday, July 8, 2018

Sexy Laundry Talk


We share a washer and dryer with our upstairs neighbor and our side neighbor.  That second part only makes sense if you know how people sublet houses in New Orleans, but just trust me on this one.  In an effort to be a courteous, don't-hog-the-machines neighbor, we set a timer whenever we put in a load of laundry, first the washer then the dryer. Naturally.  I guess you could chose to do it the other way around if you'd like, but you're also probably one of those barbarians who pours the milk in the bowl and THEN adds the cereal.  I don't understand you or your heathen ways.

Anyway, we've painstakingly and scientifically narrowed down the fact that a load in each device takes approxmately 58 minutes.  I know you're thinking, "C'mon, you could just say 1 hour."  BUT as mentioned above - I strive with everything in me to be neighbor of the year.  Or really just to not piss someone off who I am guaranteed to encounter weekly, and I already do that awkward "hey" "hey!" "how are you?" "good! how are you?" (dear lord, it's NEVER taken my key this long to unlock the door...hurry....hurry you retarded piece of metal!)

Also sometimes you hate doing laundry on a weeknight or any night, so those extra 4 minutes really help you keep your wits about you when the laundry's keeping you from shuteye or just being a lazy blob on the couch.

Alllllllll that preface-ness to say, Nathan tossed some pants in the machine this afternoon and then proceeded to set the timer for 30 minutes.

Annnnnnnd action:

*Alarm goes off for laundry.*

C:  Wait, it's only been thirty minutes.  It's not done.

N:  I know, but I did a little load, so I put it on a shorter setting.
      I selected 'lightly soiled.'

C:  HAHAHA! So you're saying you only sharted in your pants instead of having full-blown diarrhea?

N:  (laughs, shakes head, rolls eyes, thinks "How did I marry this 14 year old boy?", leaves to go check and see if the pants are ready to be moved to the dryer)
 
N:  (walks back in 20 seconds later)

C:  What was the verdict?

N:  I realized I had to pee.  I haven't checked them yet.

C: HAHAHAHA!

Two peas in a pod.

No comments:

Post a Comment