Saturday, June 24, 2017

A Productive Morning

Goooooood Saturday morning, everyone!

Just a few tidbits, musings if you will to kick off your weekend...

  • It's 7:52am on a Saturday, and I feel like I slept in. Say what?! I've already done yoga and had breakfast and killed some time stalking or reading up on not-really-social-media.  With my new get-up-at-the-butt-crack-of-dawn-to-work-out-before-work schedule, my body doesn't not (double negative for the win!) get sleepy at 9:30pm on Friday night.  So off to bed I went no later than 10 and was pretty much wide awake at 6 this morning.  Now that you know the only things I've done for the past 2 hours, my morning doesn't seem so productive anymore. 
  • Upon walking into the kitchen this morning, I noticed my driver's license on the counter.  Hrmm....nothing else around it so I wondered if one of two things happened.  1) Nathan found it on the sidewalk or something last night and put it on the counter.  2) Nathan got it out of my wallet last night to make online purchases or steal my identity in some way or another.  Now I know what you're thinking:  how could he make online purchases with a license?  I don't understand it either, folks, but he's a wizard and I don't think clearly just a few minutes after waking and lying in bed for 30 minutes looking at Facebook friends' beach pictures.  Apparently, in my mind, my husband ventures outside and to the ends of the earth on the worldwideweb after I go to sleep at night.  Who knew!?
  • Impossible Foods is a really cool company that set out to create a plant-based burger that is also better for the environment and uses no meat.  They succeeded and created the Impossible Burger.  Word on the street aka their Instagram this week is that it's finally going to be available in certain Texas locations.  So guess where we're eating the next time we venture to Dallas!? So excited to try it and encourage more companies to think more outside the box! Yum-my!
  • I started a new book last weekend.  It's my first fiction pick in a very long time, so I searched and hunted for something that others recommended so as not to be disappointed and retreat into a non-fiction cave forever.  I found that Grace highly praised it here, and she's a cool cat so I figured I'd give it a try.  So far, so good!

That's about all I've got on this gorgeous, glum Saturday morning for ya (thank you, Tropical Storm Cindy).  If you're just now waking, I give you permission to dive head first into a bowl of Frosted Flakes and think about the next two days NOT slaving away for the corporation/man/etc.  You slave away for you, darling! 😘 (or your kiddos/laundry basket/chore list)


**EDIT:  Nathan woke up, and the answers to the license on the counter came alive.  He said he found it on the scanner last night.  Suuuuuure.  Last week I needed him to scan it for a job application, and we left it there.  So I've been illegally driving for over a week and had no idea that my license wasn't tuckered away in my wallet. Mystery solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment