Sunday, June 18, 2017

Updates 'Round Here

Two weeks without a post - what in the world is wrong with me?  That's a loaded question that we don't have time to analyze right now, but I'll highlight some things for ya to fill you in on the exciting life and times of Courtney.  Strap on that three-point harness...(also, I decided to put the subject before each so if you're not interested in that topic, then you won't waste more of your precious Sunday reading crap.  I can't promise any of them are better than crap, though.)


  • BODY ENHANCEMENT- So I feel like I've been toying for years or months about waking up early and working out before work.  The other day after discussing it yet again on our trip to Dallas with NatetheGreat, I decided to pull that trigger.  For about 2 weeks now, I've been getting up at 5:30 (YOWZA is right!), and alternating between Jillian's Kettlebells, Insanity, and yoga before work.  I then shower, since even yoga gets me drenched because I'm not about to stank up the law office, and off to work I go - endorphins a'blazing.  And to be honest:  it hasn't been that bad! It's hard when the alarm clock goes off, but not really any harder than before when it would go off and I just had to get up and start getting ready.  I also LOVE not having to work out after work.  I'm still trying to get used to my routine after work and getting dinner ready and such since I'm going to bed an hour earlier, but I'm sure we'll find a new groove that works.
  • MIND ENHANCEMENT - Along that same note of trying to better myself, I also feel like I've been blabbing for months or years about how I wish I read more books.  I enjoy reading books and I feel like I read a lot here and there (tons of motions and objections and responses and drafts at work + blog posts + news articles online when I should be reading motions and objections and responses and drafts at work), but I haven't been the best lately at making books a priority.  So on our trip to Dallas, I was looking for this one and this one to kick off that new habit/priority, but Half Price Books didn't have either.  Don't worry, it's still one of the greatest stores in the world.  I did randomly pick up Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling and started reading it in the store to see if it was any good.  Lo and behold, Mindy has a way with words and I left with it and wanted to continue reading ASAP.  I finished it about two weeks ago and would definitely recommend it.  I think I eventually might read her follow up to it, but I wanted to spread them out a bit.  I followed up with Presto and really enjoyed it.  Whereas I would recommend Mindys' work of art to any gal-pal or person on the street who wants to laugh and seems to have some personality, I will say I wouldn't recommend Penn's book to just anyone.  I really enjoyed it and loved the minute details about his weight loss journey, but he is not afraid of using colorful language and expounding on his atheism.  Neither of these issues bothered me, so I would give it 5 stars, but I'm not going to run off telling the people of Shreveport who attend the Southern Baptist Convention regularly that they should read about this magician.  Side note - I've always enjoyed watching bits and pieces of Penn and Teller on the telly, but this definitely made me want to see their show live. 

  • FAMILY ENHANCEMENT - I know you probably think I'm grasping at straws with that title, but bear with me.  You will soon see how it works on this one.  Today is Father's Day, and we've had quite a weekend celebrating both dads.  On Friday night, we had dinner at Nathan's sister's house with lil Luna-Bear, MontyQ, Pops-G, Moms-G, and Auntie Dubya.  These are not what we call any of these people, but you don't care cause you don't know them.  It was a good meal and good company!  Then on Saturday night, just Nate and myself took Pops-G and Moms-G out to dinner for Father's Day.  We had Chinese food, and I tried not to engorge myself, but you know...it's a struggle sometimes.  Then we had a Mexican lunch with my Papa Roach, Bess the Mess, and Matt....and his new lady lover.  Boom! Family enhancement right there because she's a keeper.  Honestly, sans his first two girlfriends in high school, he hasn't been with a girl who isn't bats#$% crazy.  So everybody cross your fingers and toes he doesn't ruin this. 😉


So a fun-filled weekend of eating and socializing with people we share last names with.  Toodles for now and sorry if this post didn't enhance your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment