Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Fashion Friday on your Taco Tuesday

A Pinterest oldie, but a goodie.  Source
Tonight one of the fashion bloggers I follow on Instagram posted that she will take her "investment shoes" to a cobbler to get a sole protector added in order to make them last longer.  She mentioned that it typically only costs around $40, and she has a pair of Chanel shoes from 2010 that she still wears!

Oh. em. gee.

1.  I don't know that I've ever paid FORTY dollars for a pair of shoes*! This past winter, I really wanted some riding boots to ride my horse to work look all semi-cute on casual Fridays, and I hunted department store websites like a fiend.  Finally, JCP of all places listed them from $79 to $19.  This is probably why JCP is going bankrupt.  Also, can we just hone in on the fact that this amazing feat (or should I say feet 😛) is unheard of when you have a real life flipper for a foot like yours truly.  Size 12, you guys.  And a friend of mine's mom once told me that your feet go up a size when you have a baby.  100% birth control right there.

2.  I don't know a cobbler.  I've never met a cobbler.  I eat cobbler.

3.  Chanel will never be a part of my wardrobe.  Because:  college tuition.  And also because:  cobbler.

I also follow another fashion blogger who boasts as being a spendthrift, and in her defense, she really is compared to the majority.  My favorite thing in the world is to click on a top that one of the fashionistas I follow is wearing and see a $60 SALE price on it.  C'MON!

So for now I'll just stick to watching What Not to Wear on Amazon Prime (sadly only season 12, but get you some, girl) and taking notes.  And also praying to God that Stacey and Clinton don't revive the show, jump out of the bushes, and scare the shit out of me on my way into work.

Love these two.  Can we please cancel The Chew (I mean, what is that?) and bring this dynamic duo back??  Source
*Edit to add:  I started thinking and remembered that I've definitely paid more than $40 for running shoes.  But you're supposed to regularly replace them after 200-400 miles (so I guess 300 miles), and I probably put a good 800 on them before I budge.  And I wonder why my knees ache.  Do as I say read about, not as I do.

If you've made it this far, you deserve this.  I've included the source so you can see it in it's normal size because it's unbelievable and Blogger won't let me make it any larger.


No comments:

Post a Comment