Sunday, May 27, 2018

The beat goes on

I used to avoid playing Taylor Swift in front of Nate, but since turning the dirty thirty 303 days ago, I've got this new-found attitude where I'm like "Man, fudge that snickerdoodle!  He needs to love me for me! (And my horrible taste in music!!)"

You can also insert the Spice Girls, 98 Degrees, Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, BBMak, LFO, (any 90's boy band), Britney, Christina (pre-Diiiirty era), etc. into the Don't-Play-In-Front-of-Nate-or-Quickly-Make-Up-An-Excuse-About-How-You-Need-To-Clean-Up-Your-Music-Library-When-It-Comes-On-Shuffle-On-a-Road-Trip list.

I know it's dumb, but it is what it is.  Anyway, I recently realized that I've been living under a rock and Tay's newest album isn't as hardcore as her heavy-eyeliner and snakes get-up, so I've given it a whirl via her official YouTube channel cause 1) music ain't cheap and we ain't exactly big-ballin' right now, and 2) I want to give credit where credit is due by listening on her station so her bank account grows by the pennies from Mr.Youtube as opposed to just a fan who ripped the song.  *end needless copyright/trademark/all rights reserved rant.*

I've realized this far in that this post is really pointless, but I guess I'm just documenting songs I've come across lately and loved and music I'm listening to right now so that I can look back in 5 years never and go "oh yeah!  So that's when I played that song into the ground."

For fun, I'm also including a very small note with each so that you know what's appropriate to play around your kids, your wife, and your husband, and everybody out here.

Or to not play around your husband because you're like 25-year old Courtney.

I Miss Those Days - by Bleachers - - - I stumbled across this because it randomly came on after I was playing some song on Youtube, and the video made me laugh, and then I fell in love.

Don't Take the Money - by Bleachers - - - (start it at 1:04 to start the song) Because when you find a good cardigan, you buy it in another color.

Anna Sun - Walk the Moon - - - They played that song "Shut Up and Dance" (I guess they probably wrote it, too...haha) and this came up on Pandora one morning and I freaking LOVE it right now!  Especially on the elliptical at the gym. Sorry for that visual.

IDGAF - by Dua Lipa - - - No idea how you say her name, also contains explicit language, as hinted by the title (but if you don't really use this language, you may not have picked up on that...but now you know).  This came on via Spotify shuffle while I was cleaning the bathroom, and I liked the flippant attitude it gave me towards the soapscum I was conquering.

Spirits - by Strumbellas - - accidental Youtube find via their recommendation (are you noticing a trend?), but I love it!  And Nathan plays it acoustically and I howl and try to mimic the lead vocalist.

Lumineers - too many to link, but I really like a lot of the titles with female names (Ophelia, Angela, Cleopatra) and Stubborn Love.  And Sleep on the Floor.  And Flapper Girl.  Okay, you get the picture.

Everything's Okay - by Lenka - - - Thanks to pandora being on at work....very quietly...and apparently needing a positive note that day.

Last but not least - Reputation (THE WHOLE ALBUM!!!!) by my bestie Tay.  I really like "Getaway Car," "So It Goes," and "This is Why We Can't Have Nice Things" right now.  But that's because I've played a few of the others into the ground and haven't made my way through these yet. 

Okay, listen. love. angel. music. baby  Dumb. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment